Register at https://www.register-ed.com/events/view/136237
|Thursday, January 31, 2019||6:00pm – 9:00pm|
Keiper Recreation Center
Intersection of Mulberry St & Little Legue Blvd
Williamsport, PA 17701
Room: Keiper Recreation Center Park@Natatorium Lot
About the Event:
This Fishing Skills Instructor (FSI) course is designed to teach experienced, adult, anglers how to teach basic fishing skills and aquatic ecology. Certified instructors then teach “SMART” Angler classes and Family Fishing Programs.
This is an excellent training for those involved in any organization that provides fishing programs!
REQUIRED – Those interested in attending must bring their current Fishing License with them. This is needed to complete the instructor certification form.
ABOUT THE PENNSYLVANIA FISHING PROGRAMS:
The Pennsylvania Fishing programs are introductory programs in fishing and conservation of Pennsylvania’s waterways. These programs provide very basic fishing skills and background information. The two programs are the SMART Angler Program and the Family Fishing Program.
PENNSYLVANIA FISHING PROGRAM GOALS
The goals of the programs are to:
- To teach basic skills, equipment, techniques and the safety of freshwater fishing in Pennsylvania.
- To develop an understanding of the state’s aquatic ecosystems.
- To foster an appreciation of the state’s aquatic resources.
- To encourage the wise use of the state’s water resources.
- To create an awareness of aquatic invasive species (AIS)
FISHING PROGRAMS INCLUDE INSTRUCTION ON THE FOLLOWING:
- types of fish found in Pennsylvania
- fish habitats
- outdoor manners and protecting our water resources
- basic fishing skills and practice using them!
- knowledge on aquatic invasive species
The Northcentral PA Conservancy is working with Firetree Place, the PFBC and the family of Dave Colley to hold this event in Dave’s memory. Dave passed away in November 2017 and was a longtime employee of St. Croix Rods, past Director and Trout Kickoff Chairman for our Chapter, and a dedicated fisherman.
Please register for this class in honor of Dave and for every class you teach or assist in, Dave’s memory and passion for fishing will continue on.